[Serusers] nat and rtpproxy/mediaproxy

Richard mypop3mail at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 22:20:55 CEST 2004

Hi,

I looked at the archieve and tried to find a solution
for natted clients in a carrier environment. I have to
say I am clear as mud. In our senario, some clients
are behind nat, while others are not. Clients may move
between nat and no-nat. What's the best approach to
rtpproxy/mediaproxy. In rtpproxy's readme, it uses
"search" to find certain client. It has issues to
support other clients. Is nat_uac_test/client_nat_test
sufficient to test either src or dest is behind nat
and should go through media proxy? What if some
clients have stun support? What if some are behind
symmetric NAT and some are not?

Thanks for your help.
Richard