[Serusers] ser on wireless interface

Atle Samuelsen clona at camaro.no
Fri Apr 16 00:43:21 CEST 2004

Answer Inline :
* Annie Sasidar <asasidar at mail.unomaha.edu> [040415 20:08]:

> Hi,
>  I am using ser as a registrar/proxy server. I seem to be able to register
> a client on the wireless interface on the sip server only if the name of
> the client is included in the hosts file on the server that too the ip has
> to be static. i
 DNS is a nice thing :-)

>Is there a way that i can have mobile wireless client
> register with dynamic ip on ser?

This should'nt be a problem, I'v got multiple clients hooked up on my
WIFI interface, I've also got a couple on the Eth interface, Just rember
routing .. so users on Ethernet can reach users on Wifi.

> Any insight would be of great help.Does
> ser listen to wireless clients on any particular port no. other than
> default 5060.

As far as You dont put anything else in the Config this is'nt a problem

> Please guide. I am not able to pass voice packets between a wireless and
> wired client that are registered on the ser.  I am stuck. Any hint would be
> of great help.

Check that you can f.eks ping between the wifi interface and the
ethernet interface.

The New rtpproxy does "offisial->Unoffisal" transactions if you
configure it right if I dont rember tooo wrong

- Atle