[Serusers] cvs / rtpproxy download

Graham Turner ipcomputers at btconnect.com
Thu Apr 15 19:26:00 CEST 2004

Jan, thanks once again for your post reply

i have been able to proceed with the installation of the rtpproxy
distribution from said location and install using 'make install'

can run the command /usr/local/bin/rtpproxy

this doesn't  echo anything to the console so i assume it starts ok ????

this now introduces errors logged to the console as i attempt to setup video
conversation between one endpoint behind the NAT and the other on the public
internet;

extract-body: message body has length zero';

force_rtp_proxy: can't extract body from the message

on_reply processing failed

the observed behaviour is that the endpoint on the Internet has full
communication while the endpoint behind NAT has none

for reference i am using the nathelper.cfg as published in etc folder of the
CVS version of sip_router - excepting modification of the alias statement
for my domain name

one other point that i can confirm is the modification of the Via Header
with the addition of the "rport" value

i hope this is of use to you in providing some assistance

thanks for this and all your help throughout

GT