[Serusers] Dynamic failover using dummy sip registration?

steve sgsubs at intechnology.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 18:54:13 CEST 2004

Hi,
I have been testing an idea where a gateway failure will not rely on invite
timeouts before a call is tried on another gateway.

The idea is that the gateways register with a user i.e. vgw1 this appears in
usrloc, before I try to route that call to the gateway I lookup the user in
usrloc, if it is not there I start a failure route.
In the route statement I have the following:

if (uri=~"^sip:20[0-9]@10.96.1.48") {
        route(2);
        break;
};

route[2] {
        #route to E2 PBX
        log(1,"IM AT ROUTE 2");
         lookup("vgw1");  # no registered contact
            sl_send_reply("404", "Not Found");
#};
       forward( 10.96.1.168, 5060 );
#       break;
#       }

        t_on_failure("1");
        if (!t_relay()) {
        sl_reply_error();
        break;
        };

}

However the test number I dial is 201, running ser in debug I see that the
lookup is for 201 not vgw1.

Is there a way to lookup a name in usrloc as part of the route?

TIA

Regards,
Steven Godfrey
Network Development Manager
Phone 01423 850007
steven.godfrey at intechnology.co.uk
InTechnology plc - Secure Offsite Data
Head Office: Nidderdale House, Beckwith Knowle, Harrogate, HG3 1SA.
Main: 01423 850000
Fax: 01423 858855
www.intechnology.co.uk

CitC Virus Scanning Service powered by SkyLabs. For further information visit
http://www.citc.it

___