[Serusers] instatnt messaging and windows messenger

Mon Apr 12 23:31:20 CEST 2004

Are you sure it works with other applications correctly? Ser is just
forwarding all requests and responses - so the problems are caused by
the UAs - i.e. Windows Messenger. Messenger 5.0 is known to cause
problems because it setup IM sessions using an INVITE first.

I'm not aware of any non commercial client for IM based on SIP.

But I think as long as you use a homogeneous Messenger infrastructure it
should work.

regards,
klaus