[Serusers] Authentication Problem(s)

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Mon Apr 12 22:15:35 CEST 2004

Yes, the description below is correct. Windows Messenger requires the
authentication realm to be exactly the same as the domain in SIP URI,
otherwise it does not work (the reason is unknown to me).

Set the first parameter of www_challenge and www_authorize to the domain
part of SIP URI you are using or leave it empty (use just "", in this case
ser will determine proper value from SIP messages).

If it still does not work then make sure that you have the same domain
in subscriber table and send us SIP message dumps.

The reason why you cannot see people on the buddy list online
immediately after they sign in has been discussed many times on the
list, try to search the archives.

   Jan.