[Serusers] Re: [Sip-implementors] RE: [Serdev] Rmoving to-tags

Paul Kyzivat pkyzivat at cisco.com
Sat Apr 3 01:34:13 CEST 2004

Jason Penton wrote:

> [...]

I disagree. The only difference between 180 and 183 is that 180
signifies that the callee is being alerted. Either may establish a
dialog, or not.

>>>So then to fix the problem I am having - I could
>>theoretically remove
>>>the to-tags from all incoming 180 RINGING responses before
>>forwarding
>>>them to the UAC and my problem should be solved.

You could also remove the call-id header too, but I wouldn't recommend
it. The to-tag can validly be there. You can start playing games to work
around bugs in devices you encounter, but that will be dangerous.

	Paul