[Serusers] Removing to-tags

Jason Penton j.penton at ru.ac.za
Thu Apr 1 08:56:45 CEST 2004

Hi All

Is there a way/hack to remove to-tags from incoming '180
Ringing' responses before forwarding them to the UAC.

My reason for doing this is that one of the UACs I am using
seems to screw the to-tag up when SER acts as a forking
proxy. i.e. the calling UA sends an ACK for the 200OK with
the to-tag equal to the to-tag received from the FIRST '180
RINGING' received. The net result is that the ACK is sent
with a different to-tag than the to-tag of the received 200
OK. The answering UA therefore does not accept the ACK and
the call is not completed.

Any help/guidance would be much appreciated

Jason Penton
Rhodes University
Grahamstown
South Africa