[Serusers] Stutter tone through SER

Daniel-Constantin Mierla Daniel-Constantin.Mierla at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Tue Sep 30 12:49:59 CEST 2003

On 9/26/2003 10:58 PM, Steve Dolloff wrote:

>I noticed that some people said in the past that they used asterisk with
>SER for voicemail very effectively.  Is there any way to register on SER
>but still have the stutter tone from the voicemail system work?  Could
>anyone recommend a different inexpensive SIP based voicemail system that
>would work with SER but still provide stutter tone and handset based
>message retrieval.

SER has it own voicemail system that comes with a different package
called sems (http://developer.berlios.de/projects/sems). Some technical
information about how to configure ser to communicate with sems you can
find at: http://iptel.org/ser/doc/modules/html/vm.html.

A complete example of config file to use with ser is provided inside the
vm module directory (online, on cvs, at:
 http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ser/sip_router/modules/vm/etc/ser.cfg?rev=1.11&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup).

Some documentation of sems you will find it into sems distribution.

.Daniel