[Serusers] SIP_PROXY and serctl

Daniel-Constantin Mierla Daniel-Constantin.Mierla at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Sep 29 13:16:42 CEST 2003

Hello,

On 9/29/2003 12:17 PM, sting sting wrote:

> Hello,
> when I try to run serctl I get a message
> which tells me that I have to set an
> enviroment var which is SIP_DOMAIN ;
> now for the test phase I use a linux without a domain name;
> how should I define SIP_DOMAIN  so that the
> serctl will work?

then you can use either localhost or set a virtual domain name as you
will and add a entry to your /etc/hosts for it (e.g., put into your
/etc/hosts a line like:
127.0.0.1 virtual.domain.com virtual).
Afterwards, in the the console where you use the serctl set the
environment variable SIP_DOMAIN, e.g., for bash, the command is
'export SIP_DOMAIN=virtual.domain.com'.

Best regards,
Daniel