[Serusers] Stateless Proxy Server

Daniel-Constantin Mierla Daniel-Constantin.Mierla at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Sep 29 12:38:52 CEST 2003

Hello,

On 9/29/2003 1:50 AM, Annie Sasidar wrote:

>Hi,
>  I installed ser 0.8-11 on Redhat9.0. I want to implement a stateless
>proxy server

You shouldn't load tm module and use forward(uri:host, uri:port) instead
if t_relay in your config file. Also, take a look in SER Admin guide to
see the differences between SER in stateless and stateful mode (many
services are implemented based on tm module):
http://iptel.org/ser/doc/seruser/seruser.html#AEN923.

> and a registrar server on the same box. How do i do it ?

usrloc and registrar modules stand for having ser as a registrar server
-- you need to load them and set the appropriate parameters and routing
rules. See the documentation for each module to learn about their
functionality and parameters: http://iptel.org/ser/doc/modules/html/

>My
>client for now is Windows Messenger. How do i check that the client is
>getting registered on the server?

Use our command line tool: 'serctl'. For this purpose you have to use:
'serctl ul show'.

Best regards,
Daniel