[Serusers] loose_route

Dovid temp-1060626446 at xchangetele.com
Thu Sep 25 21:29:58 CEST 2003

My understanding is that loose_route() checks for a Route header field. The
standard cfg entry will then relay the SIP request.
Let's take the following scenario. I have a PSTN gateway which listens on
port 5060 and accepts to that port only from my SIP proxy. Normally the
proxy takes care of authentication and authorization and if approved,
forwards to the gateway. What if someone were to send an INVITE to my proxy
with a header: Route: <sip:phone-number at pstn-gateway>? Would the proxy
forward it, and the gateway then set up the call?

Thanks in advance.

Dovid