[Serusers] header matching

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Sun Sep 21 11:08:20 CEST 2003

On Sep 21, 2003 at 00:04, Jan Janak <jan at iptel.org> wrote:
> On 20-09 10:01, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> > Jakob Schlyter writes:
> >
> >  > would it make sense to have a sync() function that applies the diffs to
> >  > the original message?
> >
> > may there could be a set of textops that operate on the lumps instead of
> > the original message?
>
>   Yes, that would be possible. Is there any particular case (except the
>   one mentioned in this thread) you need it for ?

No, that would be extremely complicated. You would have to deal with
things like "=5060" (the lump added for rport), the conditional lumps,
the lumps that get expanded to the send ip address, port or protocol
a.s.o.
We would end up with a very complicated api. Unless there is a _very_
compelling reason, I don't want to think about this :-)
If someone wants to play with the lumps, he should do it from a module
(and not from the script). Different lumps cand be identified by their
type (e.g via lumps).

Andrei