[Serusers] PSTN gateway challenge - Cisco2621 gateway

Gavin Bensom gavinb2i at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 20 03:10:57 CEST 2003

Is there a function that I can call without using radius to insert a static Remote-Party-ID into all outgoing calls? I searched the website and didn't find anything.
Thanks,
G.

Jan Janak <jan at iptel.org> wrote:
Hello,

On 18-09 18:36, Gavin Bensom wrote:
> When calls are directed to my gateway, the gateway gets the users username in the From: field of the SIP header. This is not good for outbound caller ID purposes. If I want internal users caller ID to appear on displays of parties they are calling, how would I enable this?
> Is it possible to rewrite the from: field with their numerical alias?

No, it is not possible to rewrite From header field. There is another
mechanism -- Remote-Party-ID header field. SER can add this header
field and put user's phone number into it. Your PSTN gateway can then extract
the phone number from the header field and display it as the caller's
number.

In the stable version of SER (0.8.11) the Remote-Party-ID header
field works only with radius authentication (i.e. the phone number is
obtained from a radius server). Obtaining the Remote-Party-ID from
database is currently in unstable CVS branch only.

Jan.