[Serusers] PSTN gateway challenge - Cisco2621 gateway

Gavin Bensom gavinb2i at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 03:36:56 CEST 2003

When calls are directed to my gateway, the gateway gets the users username in the From: field of the SIP header. This is not good for outbound caller ID purposes. If I want internal users caller ID to appear on displays of parties they are calling, how would I enable this?
Is it possible to rewrite the from: field with their numerical alias?

Any ideas?

BTW, I've successfully set up a Cisco 2621 router with a NM-HDV-1T1-24 Voice network module as a gateway. I've got ISDN PRI service from my PSTN provider. This gives 23 simultaneous digital voice channels, and as many direct inward dial numbers as I need to order from the phone company. Caller ID works nicely on inbound calls from the PSTN. I'm happy to share Cisco or ser config info on this setup if anyone is curious.
I don't have every feature I want running yet though (like voicemail).

Thanks,
G.