[Serusers] nathelper

Dovid temp-1060626446 at xchangetele.com
Tue Sep 16 17:05:18 CEST 2003

Is there any way to see if a SIP message is from behind nat? The example for
nathelper searches for Cisco ATA, but you could have that without nat and
you could have a different phone behind nat.
Can I always apply nat fixing? Does it break anything if it was not natted?
(My SER is not behind nat. It might make a difference if SER itself is
behind nat.)

Is there still (0.8.11) the function add_rport()? SER does not complain with
it there. Is it the same as force_rport? Does it do anything? Is it
necessary? What does it do? (I see force_rport in nathelper.cfg.)

Why would I want to add direction=active?

Am I correct that there are 2 points in a SIP message that there could be
problems from nat, 1-various SIP headers, and 2-SDP (c=, o=)?
Does fix_nated_contact fix everything in the SIP message itself and
fix_nated_sdp fix everything in SDP?
Where would I want fix_nated_contact and fix_nated_sdp? Do I want
fix_nated_contact in every message and fix_nated_sdp in INVITEs and its

Thanks.

Dovid