[Serusers] cisco 7960 authentication failure

Jakob Schlyter jakob at rfc.se
Wed Sep 10 16:53:43 CEST 2003

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Jan Janak wrote:

>    You must use ./gen_ha1 jakob at schlyter.net schlyter.net ser2003 to get
>    the same hash.

does the internal ha1 calcualtion tries to match both username at domain and
only username? it seems to me it only tries to match the hash for
username.

>    The reason is that you have realm in the username. A user agent that
>    sent the credentials above also calculate the response using
>    "jakob at schlyter.net" as username so you must do the same.

I though ser was doing the hashing since i set calculate_ha1=1.

>    BTW you don't have to put @chlyter.net into the username, it is not
>    mandatory, you can use just "jakob".

how could it separate jakob at schlyter.se and (some other) jakob at example.com
user if I don't put the domain in the username?

	jakob