[Serusers] where is ser.cfg used on iptel.org server?

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Sun Sep 7 23:09:28 CEST 2003

On 07-09 22:57, Jiri Kuthan wrote:
> At 10:30 PM 9/7/2003, Jan Janak wrote:
> >>
> >> I beg to disagree. There are elderly implementations which use contacts
> >> in MESSAGE, and if they include non-routable IP addresses, subsequent
> >> conversation may be breaken.
> >
> >  What implementations use Contacts in MESSAGEs ?
>
> The most widely used messaging software, guess which it is :)
>
> >Anyway, I think the
> >  condition is too general. We should check REGISTER, INVITE, and
> >  SUBSCRIBE only (ok and MESSAGE too in this case).
>
> Why?

   Because it makes sense only for requests that create a dialog. Other
   requests may contain Contacts too (I don't know why, but think
   about MS Messenger) and I wouldn't restrict what can be put in there.

   For example, what should happen if the server receives  a NOTIFY
   containing a private IP in Contact ? The current config will refuse
   it.

    Jan.