[Serusers] SER and NAT,HOWTO

Daniel Cardin daniel_cardin at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 23:07:59 CEST 2003

>>Are there OSed proxies I can use with SER? Can SER
itself be
configured to act as that kind of proxy?

>I don't know what OSed proxy is but there's Maxim
Sobolev's media relay
for use in the

>nathelper module.

>https://demo.portaone.com/~sobomax/PortaSIP/

-----

The setup I have is that my Linux server on which SER
runs is not
firewalled, all UDP ports are directly available as
well as standard
ports like 5060.

My understanding is that PortaSIP will be thus able to
open up some kind
of voice traffic redirection for each firewalled
client to use...

Can anyone give me just a bit more explanation on that
and tell me how I
can integrate PortaSIP with SER.

Specifically I'd like to know if I have to use it with
nathelper and if
so, what's the proper way to do that.

Any information collected through this list will be
put in a quick HOWTO
document for other newbies such as myself :)

Thanks a lot,