[Serusers] SER and NAT,HOWTO

Daniel Cardin daniel_cardin at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 19:18:37 CEST 2003

I have setup a LAN SER and everything is workingfine. Obviously, clients being on the LAN, everything is direct IP and thereare no NAT issues.

I am now trying to make NAT#8217;d clients accessthe server. I know NAT and SIP together are full of problems, but since volumewill be low I am considering simply using a proxy such as #8220;fwdnat#8221;for Free World. This solution is already tested and works properly in our testsetup, using xten#8217;s X-lite soft IP phone. We will consider migrating tofull fledged #8220;hard#8221; IP Phones when everything is in order.

Can anyone tell me if this is the best solution for asmall (< 50) company? What is the best way to setup access from outside our firewalls?

Are there OSed proxies I can use with SER? Can SERitself be configured to act as that kind of proxy?

Thanks for all the info you can provide,