[Serusers] Newbie question about uri rewriting

Marc Archer marcher at aastra.com
Tue Sep 2 19:18:15 CEST 2003

Hi,

I couldn't find any info on how to search the mailing list archives for the
answer to my question, so I'll put it here. Hopefully someone can help me
out.

Does ser support URI rewriting? In my scenario we have a pstn gateway that
will formulate a sip invite request uri with the phone number as the host
portion e.g.

sip:5551231234 at 192.168.0.2

where 192.168.0.2 is the address of the ser proxy

What I need to be able to do is convert that 5551231234 at 192.168.0.2 to
host at domain presumably using ENUM/DNS type services. Does ser support this?
Does anyone know a free DNS server that supports ENUM?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Marc

Marc Archer