[Serusers] installation issue with mysql.so

Gavin Bensom gavinb2i at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 2 16:34:55 CEST 2003

Nils,
This was the solution. Thanks for the information.
G.

Nils Ohlmeier <nils at iptel.org> wrote:
On Tuesday 02 September 2003 07:25, Gavin Bensom wrote:
> Today I tried installing mysql, php, and ser 0.8.11 [released today] from
> source. After spending a lot of time, I still can't get past the error
> shown in the messages file attached. The response at the command line is
> "Bad config file, 1 error"
>
> The mysql.so module does indeed exist in the directory specified in the
> ser.cfg file. I've checked it over and over again. Mysql is running. Ser
> database tables exist. I don't know what else to do.

IMHO the error message is clear:
Sep 1 21:43:01 jiffypop ser: ERROR: load_module: could not open module
: libmysqlclient.so.12: cannot open

libmysqlclient.so.12 can not be found. Probably you installed mysql in a path
which is not inlcuded in your ld path. Try 'ldconfig -p|grep mysql', i guess
you will get no result. Update your ld.so.conf to find your mysqlclient lib.

Regards
Nils