[Serusers] Messenger5.0 481 Error continued

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Thu Oct 30 02:43:45 CET 2003

I'm afraid I am then not aware of any way how to make Messenger work
the way it should (except asking the vendor to fix it).

given that interoperability in 5.0 is very questionable, and there
are apparently some 5.0-to-5.0 issues [*], downgrading to 4.x may
be a safer choice. (I'm serious.)

-jiri

[*] I have no slightest idea why the responding UA both agrees to have
a session with 200 and terminates it with BYE. Did you apply the settings
mentioned bellow on the recepient's side? Have you tried to turn
modparam("rr", "enable_full_lr", ... on and off? (someone told me that
4.x love full_lr whereas 5.x hate it). If that does not help either,
could you try turning record routing off (commenting the line
with record_route() in SER config)? That's all just silly ideas how
to make Messenger happy, the principal place to fix or replace with
something else is Messenger.