[Serusers] how to install ser and configure it with voicemail

kelvin kelvinlg at singnet.com.sg
Wed Oct 29 12:09:06 CET 2003

I have install ser-0.8.11-0.i386.rpm, mysql and serweb. My sip phone are
all window messenger. When someone contact a user who is not on-line,
you get this message:-

    phone at 192.168.1.3 has declined your request to have a voice
conversation.

When I login 'phone' to serwweb as a subscriber, under missed calls is
always empty & message store too.

How to make it ring first and after a period go to voicemail if
phone at 192.168.1.3 is not online?

I went through the document but got confuse. Do you have a example
ser.cfg     script that works.

2. Through the web documents there are 2 vm softwares
sems-0.1.0-0.i386.rpm &  ortp-0.6.2.tar.gz. which is the right one?

3. if vm is required must you reinstall ser? If yes, what to change in
the makefile?

Help! Thanks!