[Serusers] Support for offline messages in an IM conference

Madhuri garigipati madhu_sjsu at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 16:30:09 CET 2003

Hello All,

I was going through the msilo package in SER modules. It says - "It stores received messages for an offline user and sends them when the user becomes online."

I am creating a J2ME IM client for mobile devices using SIP at the backend. And the problem with mobile devices is connection loss. So I am planning to provide a feature to my IM client where in if more than 2 users are in a conference chat room, and one user gets disconnected for some reason, I want to store the messages during the user's absense and send it back to the user when they reconnect.

Is this possible with SIP and SER? Does SER module msilo or any other module support offline messages for a conference chat?

Thanks,
Madhuri.