[Serusers] How does SER's Stateful Proxy works?

Dharani Narayanan deardharani at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 20:35:03 CET 2003

Hello

I went through few modules of SER regarding the
session maintenance. When i walked through the
Transaction Module, I came to know that SER provides
Stateful Proxy. I have few questions regarding this:

1. How does SER maintains session? i.e., Does it
maintain any state table similar to file/socket
descriptor?

2. In the case of "dialog" interaction between clients
are identified by callID and routed through the
Record-Route. Does Record-Route traces the session? If
so where it is maintained? Will this become a overhead
in header while routing all the details? Does the
client feel efficient in performance?

3. How does SER knows whether the session is
disconnected or logged off? And under what situation
does the SER stores the offline messages?

4. Can you provide me the total architecture of how
the stateful proxy is designed and works?

Can you please update me for the above mentioned
questions.

Thanks
Dharani.