[Serusers] A Question

Daniel-Constantin Mierla Daniel-Constantin.Mierla at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Sun Oct 26 12:39:36 CET 2003

Hello,

On 10/26/2003 7:12 AM, Alexandru Deac wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've been testing ser for the past few days and I ran into a little problem
>with search_append() and replace().
>I have a string let's say: some_text
>If I do search_append("some_", "more_"); I get some_more_text which is great.
>However if I try to do a replace("some_more_text", "no_text'); it fails.
>Is this a known issue? Are there any workarounds?

these two functions operate only on the original message -- so if you
call first search_append("some_", "more_") and then you want to replace
the previous built texts using replace("some_more_text", "no_text') that
is not possible yet. These functions create some diffs to the original
message and are applied when the message is wired again.

>I have tried to verify the problem with the current CVS but I couldn't get it
>to start because all the modules that depend on a db fail to initialize.

Have you compiled the mysql module? It is not compiled by default -- try
using 'make modules modules=modules/mysql' from sip_router directory,
and then 'make install-modules include_modules="mysql"'.

Best regards,
}Daniel