[Serusers] FIN,ACK right after a successful registration

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Oct 23 11:40:29 CEST 2003

On Oct 23, 2003 at 00:09, ahmet taskeser <ahmet_taskeser at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Serusers,
>

> I am suffering from a weird problem in SER. Maybe you would help me with
> that.
>
> I have SER 0.8.11(TCP Support) on Linux Redhat v9. I am running our SIP
> user agent emulator against SER in my configuration. SER proxy is sending
> "FIN, ACK" to the user agent right after the REGISTER (200 OK). Although
> there is one established TCP connection and a successful registration, SER
> is terminating the TCP connection.

ser terminates  tcp connection after 3 minutes of inactivity. So if you
receive the FIN after 3 minutes this is the expected behaviour (your UA
should re-open the connection when it needs it).

If this happen immediately after the 200 OK then please start ser with
maximum debugging (debug=9) and send us the log (either the syslog or
start ser with stderror logging and redirect the output to a file, e.g:
 ser -E -dddddddddd .... 2>ser.log), along with the captured traffic
 (tcpdump pcap binary file prefered).

Andrei