[Serusers] hello

Daniel-Constantin Mierla Daniel-Constantin.Mierla at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Tue Oct 21 11:11:43 CEST 2003

Hello,

On 10/21/2003 3:01 AM, Iizuka, Hirotaka, VF-JP wrote:

> Hi, I need to know if SER provides "presence" service.

SER has a presence agent (PA module), as far as I know is still in alpha
stage, mainly tested with Jabber gateway and it is going to be
refurbished. What kind of "presence service" do you want to have?

> I want to view the SIP message flow between SIP softphone and SER from
> SER side, what kind of application do I need to install?

You need a network sniffing tool, free available and most popular are
ngrep, ethereal and tcpdump -- which one you like more. For example, to
use ngrep to watch the SIP traffic on SER machine you just use "ngrep
port 5060".

Best regards,
}Daniel