[Serusers] SER installation problems

Subhra Saha Subhra.Saha at metro1.com
Tue Oct 21 01:40:31 CEST 2003

Hi,
I am new to using SER and at the moment having installation problems.

I am trying to run SER 0.8.8 version on a Redhat Linux 7.3 machine. Is
it OK?

After proceeding as specified in the quick install guide, I have been
able to start the SER.

But on trying to monitor the performance of SER using '/usr/sbin/serctl
moni', the following is shown:

[cycle #:1 ; if constant make sure server lives and fifo is on
I am not able to follow this.

Have also downloaded and untared the serweb. But I have not been able to
figure out how to go about using it.

Could someone please let me know how to go about configuring the SER and
when to be certain that the SER running is OK?

Thanks & Regards,
Subhra Saha