[Serusers] Trunking between two sip networks

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Mon Oct 20 21:46:31 CEST 2003

Hello, comments inline.

On 19-10 10:31, Sathya Weerasooriya wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am not a SER user yet, but hopefully soon.
>
> I have a need to interconnect two SIP networks just like we use a SIP to
> PSTN gateway (to connect SIP network and PSTN).
>
> Let me explain this senario in simple terms.
>
> Lets say I have 1 port FXO g/w. Then all my clienst in the ip network can
> use only one PSTN line to get to PSTN. And PSTN always thinks that the calls
> are originated from the directory number of this PSTN line.
>
> Similarly lets say I have 1 phone number, 1234 at iptel.org ( one account from
> iptel). And I have my own network of Phones in a private SIP network. I want
> my clients to be able to talk to IPtel network just as the above senario,
> where IPtel would think the call is originated from 1234 at iptel.org. True
> only one call at a time, just like PSTN senario.
>
> How could this be done ?

  It is not possible to do something like that just with SER because SER
  is a SIP proxy and thus can't change From header field. You would need
  a B2BUA for something like that.

  But let me ask one question, what is it good for ? Why SIP user agents
  in your private network should be able to make just one call at a time
  ?

    Jan.