[Serusers] Need to modify username (reformatted)

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Mon Oct 20 21:42:37 CEST 2003

Hello,

first of all, it is not possible to change From header field, you can
change the Request-URI only. That means your attempts to rewrite it from
executed script will be not successfull.

One possibility how to do that would be using Remote-Party-ID header
field. Does the gateway of your provider support that ?

It is possible to append Remote-Party-ID header field to the message and
the header field can contain another username (it is usually used when
phones behind a PSTN gateway can't display usernames, in that case it is
possible to put a number into this header field and the gateway will display
it instead of From username).

However, some coding would be necesarry to make that possible because
currently it is not possible to create Remote-Party-ID header field based
on the contents of the Request-URI.

  Jan.