[Serusers] rtpproxy updated

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at portaone.com
Sat Oct 18 22:21:04 CEST 2003

Maxim Sobolev wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've just updated rtpproxy tarball available at
> http://www.portaone.com/~sobomax/rtpproxy.tar to include ability to
> alter location of the command socket (userful if there are multiple SERs
> running on the same machine, appropriate patches for nathelper were
> commited into trunk some time ago), as well as an ability to set
> specific TOS for RTP packets (default is now 0xa0), which can be used to
> do QoS.

Small correction: I've just changed default TOS to be 0xb8, which is
used by default by Cisco VoIP gateways.

I've also added new feature - "double RTP mode" (off by default), in
this mode each incoming RTP packet whose size is below some pre-defined
threshold (128 bytes) gets re-sent twice, which can improve QoS on lossy
links. Threshold here is to disable this feature for non-LBR codecs. I
like this feature from my SpeakFreely days. ;)

-Maxim