[Serusers] SER: windows messenger cannot deliver text messages...

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Fri Oct 17 22:26:54 CEST 2003

That's caused by new Messenger's _proprietary_ session model -- messaging
session are initiated and expected to be initiated with INVITE.

There is a hint how to avoid the 487 in our FAQ
http://iptel.org/~faqomatic/fom-serve/cache/64.html

Nevertheless, it only softens some scenarios, as said the core problem is
the whole session model is violently proprietary. From standard compliance
(and related capability to talk to anything else then Messenger itself),
4.7 was much better.

-jiri