[Serusers] How do I use ser proxy to establish a session through ser between Microsoft Windows Messenger and Ubiquity SoftPhone?

ilhan Kaya pergamonzeus at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 14 14:12:28 CEST 2003

Hi all,

  I just installed ser on Red Hat linux 8.0 from
source  code with the insructions given in the
INSTALL{without mySQL support}.which is
1)tar xvf ser-0.8.11_src.tar;
2)make;
3)make prefix=/usr/local install

    I then registered two users from Mic.Windows
Messenger and Ubiquity softphone on separate
machines{Solaris and windows XP}. It went well while
registering. I get 200 OK replies to REGISTER
requests.

    Then I try to call from one user to the other  but
I can not get a session between these 2 clients
through the ser proxy. Ser replies client's INVITE
request with "100 trying" and clients waits a while
then got 408 "Request timeout" although I can list the
registrations with "serctl ul show"  and confirm there
is 2 registered users.

Can anyone help me with this?

And also is there any mechanism to watch the incoming
and outgoing SIP messages to the ser proxy? and get a
detailed logging?