[Serusers] Not been able to log on

Lennart Helleberg lennart at scint.org
Mon Oct 13 15:49:39 CEST 2003

Hi,
I'm not sure you have this problem but I will describe something I found out
with messenger.

I heard a rumour that MSN messenger would work with SIP, so I installed it.
I found that MSN messenger didn't support SIP. I downgrade to Windows
Messenger 4.6. Then I got the same error message as you got. After many
hours testing I found that MSN 6.0 had installed same DLL's that was not
deleted when I uninstalled MSN 6.0. Windows messenger 4.6 did not overwrite
these DLL because they where newer than the DLL's in windows messenger 4.6.
I deleted the DLL's manually and installed windows messenger 4.6 again. Then
it worked.

I hope this can help someone.