[Serusers] standalone voicemail config example

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Sat Oct 11 07:51:29 CEST 2003

At 04:40 AM 10/11/2003, Gavin Bensom wrote:
>Jiri,
>
>Is it possible to run two instances of ser on the same box, one acting as the proxy and the other acting as the voicemail2email server, or are to different boxes required?

I never tried -- it should, but better verify it. Just try two different
SER's at two different port numbers. Take stable version from CVS for both
SER and voicemail -- I made some recent alignments to better deal with
scenarios like these.

>Can you comment a little more on how to get SER as a proxy to transfer messages to SER as a UAS, both on a single box [if this is possible], and/or in a two box setup.

That's script fragments for the fronting proxy that should make the
job (not verified either):

    # does the user wish redirection on no availability? (i.e., is he
    # in the voicemail group?) -- determine it now and store it in
    # flag 4, before we rewrite the flag using UsrLoc
    if (is_user_in("Request-URI", "voicemail")) {
        setflag(4);
    };
    # native SIP destinations are handled using our USRLOC DB
    if (!lookup("location")) {
        # handle user which was not found
        if f (isflagset(4)) route(4);
        break;
    };
    # if user is on-line and is in voicemail group, enable redirection
    if (method == "INVITE" && isflagset(4)) {
        t_on_failure("1");
    };

route[4] {

    rewritehostport("foo.bar:1234");
    t_relay();
}
failure_route[1] {
    revert_uri();
    lookup("aliases");
    rewritehostport("bat.iptel.org:5090");
    append_branch();
    t_relay();
}

>I'd really like to do all this on one box as its much more economical.

I will try to get back to you with a "single-ser" config too --
I just happened to run out of time in the past week and will
not be any better off next too weeks.

-jiri