[Serusers] Implementing Voicemail-Round 2- t_newtran ERROR

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Tue Oct 7 19:42:13 CEST 2003

At 05:50 PM 10/6/2003, Steve Dolloff wrote:
>Jiri,
>
>I think the issue here is that we need to be able to set different call
>timers based on the destination of the call.
>
>If we have a user subscribed to voicemail, we would want a call_timer of
>8 seconds for example.
>
>If we have a user that isn't subscribed to voicemail or a call being
>placed to the pstn, we might want a 60 second call timer.
>
>I'm sure you can see the problem...  We can't fail our outbound calls
>after 8 seconds, and we can't wait 60 seconds to route incoming calls to
>voicemail.

I see the problem now -- sorry it took me so long. The bad news is we don't
support variable timers yet (that has something to do with a feature versus
speed trade-off). It stands actually on the upper parts of our to-do-list.

If any volunteering implementor needs it very quickly, we can provide guidance
on how we think it should be implemented.

-jiri