[Serusers] newbie to SIP Express Router

Ajeet ajeetnk at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 7 12:50:43 CEST 2003

Hi,

I am newbie to ser, and wnat to install and configure ser on my computer.
Still I am reading infomration on internet for the configuration and
installation of ser, but any information provided on this forum would
certainly help me a lot.
Here are the details.

My OS RedHat linux 9.
i have downloaded ser-0.8.11-0.i386.rpm and installed it simply by
command   rpm -i ser-0.8.11-0.i386.rpm

what to do next?

Why i need ser?
Actually i have to show working ip-telephony service as a requirement in
our course.
The scenario is that, we have our private LAN (intranet) and i have to
install and configure the ip-telephony service so that one cleint on the
intranet can call other client on the sane intranet, i will use either
Kphone or BonePhone as a client.

So if some one can help me in establishing this service.
I dont need to call outside my intranet or even i dont need some advanced
features like security/authentication or any other thing other thing.

-ajeet.
stockholm.

--
  Ajeet