[Serusers] How can we connect calls of two independent unknown SIP domains.

John Foster jfoste2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 10:10:24 CEST 2003

Hi,

But Jan, i m bit surprised that y SIP Phone directly contacts other domain, no packet comes on the sip.abc.com, but to make a call from xxxx at sip.abc.com to xxxx at sip.xyz.com SIP client(xxxx at sip.abc.com) directly contacts sip.xyz.com to get address of user xxxx at sip.xyz.com, is this due to protocol design? or any abnormality?

As the logic of if(uri==myself)
{}
else{}
would match only when packets will come to ser. Isnt it?

JF

Jan Janak <jan at iptel.org> wrote:
Hello,

yes, it is possible. The default config file contains condition
if (uri==myself) {
do something
};

t_relay();

What does that mean: If the Request-URI of a message contains a domain
that belons to the server, the server does some processing like
registration/unregistration etc..

If the Request-URI contains a domain that doesn't belong to the server
then the server will simply forward it there, without any special
processing.

So your setup should work providing that you have correct DNS records.

Jan.