[Serusers] Message Waiting Indicator

Josh Newman josh at platformexperts.com
Sun Oct 5 05:13:18 CEST 2003

Does anyone know how I can send from ser a NOTIFY (or is perhaps INFO)
message to a Cisco ATA 186 or other UA to turn on/off the message
waiting indicator for voicemail.  The Cisco ATA is capable of playing a
stuttered dial tone to indicate voicemail but I cannot find any
documentation on how to toggle this tone on/off from the proxy.  I also
have other sip phones like the Grandstream where I would like to signal
the MWI to it as well.  Does anyone know how this can be done?  I assume
via the ser_fifo, but what kind of message and what should it look like?

-- Josh