[Serusers] SER account for mySQL

Harry Behrens Harry.Behrens at dai-labor.de
Thu Oct 2 17:42:01 CEST 2003

Hi everybody,

we have started using the SER a few weeks ago and have now "upgraded" to authenticating.
We are therefore using mySQL and the ser database.

The situation we have is:

- ser is installed and works fine
- the default user (admin/heslo) is installed and can be authenticated and registered
- serctl ul show works fine

However when I try adding a user with

serctl add .....
I am prompted for the MySQL password. I tried entering the password for the user mysql, however the operation failed and told me that it failed to authenticate
ser at localhost.
I have not explicitly set up this user nor did I find any reference to this user in any of the SER files. I obviously do not therefor know the password. I am sure this must be a simple configuration issue I am missing.
Can any of you help?

Thanx in advance,

	Harry

Dr. Harry Behrens
Projektleitung BIB3R
DAI Labor - Technische Universität Berlin
Sekretariat GOR 1-1, Franklinstrasse 28/29, 10587 Berlin

Fon: +49 30 314 23383
Fax: +49 30 314 21799

Email: harry.behrens at dai-labor.de

http://www.dai-labor.de