[Serusers] Re: initial setup requirement

Daniel-Constantin Mierla Daniel-Constantin.Mierla at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Oct 2 11:24:24 CEST 2003

On 10/2/2003 4:35 AM, Annie Sasidar wrote:

>Thanks Daniel,
>     I want to allow any user in the SIP domain to be able to register
>since i have control over that. What i cant figure out is when i log into
>Windows Messenger( which right now is not supporting SIP temporarily ) with
>my SIP user name shouldnt i be registered in the SIP server?

I am a little bit confused. Does your Windows Messenger support SIP or
not? What version is it? If it has no SIP support is impossible to get
registered to the SIP server.

>How do i check
>this cause i dont seem to find any record of any user. Since the registrar
>modules are loaded by default i assume that the server is working as a
>registrar server too.

Yes, if you use the default config file or you didn't delete the
statement for REGISTER requests, SER acts as a SIP registrar, too.

}Daniel