[Serusers] voicemail on failure_route and user is subscriber questions

Gavin Bensom gavinb2i at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 1 20:41:49 CEST 2003

Jiri wrote:

There is other problem though -- the failure_route logic for VM should
be different from that in route block -- you can't create transaction state two
times (first time with t_relay, second time with t_newtran). SER will
certainly complain with some error message in your logs.

Can anyone tell me how to set up vm to work on a failure route. I've tried several times and although Jiri says the logic has to be different because you can't create a transaction two times, I can't figure out how to make it work, and I haven't found any documentation detailing this issue. I have seen the errors in the logs that verify what Jiri is saying.

Jiri said that he'd introduce new commands to hide tansaction functionality from script writers, but I'd like to know how to make this work without those new commands.

Also, is there a command that queries whether or not a sip message is for a user in the subscriber table? I need to know if the user exists regardless of whether or not lookup("location") = true.

Thanks,