[Serusers] Upgrade ser-0.8.11

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Fri Nov 28 17:51:00 CET 2003

On Nov 28, 2003 at 08:40, Chuck Ramirez <chuck_ramirez at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running ser-0.8.11 and I saw the announcement of a
> new version that corrects some bugs, including a race
> condition in tm module.
>
> Do I need to upgrade my server immediately, I mean, is
> it easy to reproduce that "race condition" that
> crashes SER?

No, it's not easy. It appears only on heavy load( e.g. stress testing).
There is a higher probability to encounter it if you have a dual-CPU
machine or if you run ser on freebsd.

You can upgrade to 0.8.11-r1 (either the src tar.gz or the cvs rel_0_8_11
 branch). It's fixed in 0.8.11-r1, but there are still some tcp bugs in
 there, so 0.8.12 is the way to go.

Andrei