[Serusers] rtpproxy bad port?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Nov 26 22:58:17 CET 2003

Nils Ohlmeier wrote:

> On Wednesday 26 November 2003 22:35, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>
>>Jan Janak wrote:
>>
>>>  The vast majority of clients available today support symmetric RTP.
>>
>>Been googling on "Symmetric RTP", but can't really find a definition in an
>>draft or RFC. Any help?
>
> Means the UA uses the same socket/port for sending and receiving the RTP
> stream.

I know now, but there's hints of some additional headers in SDP, the
active/passive/both stuff - and I can't find documentation on it...

Writing this, I suddenly realise that I should dig in SDP, not RTP...
Back to google...

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=RTP+Symmetric needs a
more detailed and better explanation.

/O