[Serusers] 0.8.12 usrloc + mysql crashing !

Tristan Colgate tristan at inuxtech.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 14:07:52 CET 2003

Hi,

  I've been running a CVS version of ser recently with no problems, however I
wanted to move back to using a release version so have downloaded 0.8.12,
things seemed to be going OK, but it seems that SER crashes when my REGISTER
stuff attempts to do a save("location"), I am doing a check_to before that it
that works fine and queries the mysql backend no problems, I am using db_mode =
1 if that makes a difference, I tried using mode 2, which seemed to work but
then crashed later (presumably when trying to write to the db).

  Nothing is ending up i the database and I am not seeing any INSERTs arriving
at the database server.

  The error output I see after the check_to seems to work is....

11(3419) check_username(): From/To user '8540' and auth user match
11(3419) parse_headers: flags=-1
19(3427) BUG: tcp_main_loop: dead child 11
 0(3408) child process 3419 exited by a signal 11
 0(3408) core was not generated
 0(3408) INFO: terminating due to SIGCHLD
 1(3409) INFO: signal 15 received
 1(3409) Memory status (pkg):

Tristan Colgate
Inux Technologies