[Serusers] Installing SER scr file question

Peter David PDavid at bbcominc.com
Mon Nov 24 19:45:18 CET 2003

Hello all again,

This is you rookie installer Peter again having question regards to the Source File installation

question:

Do I execute all of the following via this the INSTALL instruction

http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/ser/sip_router/INSTALL

2. Howto Build ser From Source Distribution

(NOTE: if make doesn't work try gmake  instead)

- compile with default options:

make   #builds only ser core, equivalent to make ser
make modules

or make all #builds everything

- compile with profiling

make PROFILE=-pg all

-compile debug mode version

make mode=debug all

-compile debug version with profiling

make mode=debug PROFILE=-pg all

-compile only the print module

make modules=modules/print modules

-compile all the "default" modules except textops and vm

make skip_modules="textops vm" modules

-compile all default modules and include uri_radius (not compiled by default):

make include_modules="uri_radius" modules

-compile all the modules from the modules subdirectory (even the one excluded
by default):

make exclude_modules="" modules

-compile all the modules from the modules subdirectory excluding vm:

make exclude_modules=vm modules

or

make exclude_modules="" skip_modules=vm modules

-compile with the "tm" module statically linked and with profiling

make static_modules=tm PROFILE=-pg all

-compile with gcc-3.2 instead of gcc

make CC=gcc-3.2 all  //Seems to fail when I do this

or

CC=gcc-3.2 make all //Seems to fail when I do this

 Seems to work when I do a  CC=gcc make all or make CC=gcc all

Make targets:

Clean:

make clean   (clean the modules too)
make proper  (clean also the dependencies)
make distclean (the same as proper)
make mantainer-clean (clean everything, including auto generated files,
tags, *.dbg a.s.o)

Compile:

make proper
make
(or gmake on non-Linux systems)
make modules
or make modules exclude_modules="CVS print" etc.

Make tags:

make TAGS

Create a tar.gz with the sources (in ../):

make tar

Create a tar.gz with the binary distribution (in ../):

make bin

Create a gzipped solaris package (in ../):

make sunpkg

Create debian packages (in ../):

make deb

or

dpkg-buildpackage

Install:

make prefix=/usr/local  install

Or do I do the folllowing

or do I just do the following to make it work

./configure

make

make prefix=/usr/local/ install