[Serusers] rtpproxy for private networks without NAT and way outside

Gregory Sandul gregorysandul at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 24 09:21:48 CET 2003

Hi.
Assume I have phones in private network 10.0.0.0/24.
There is no NAT server in this network, no default
gateway, no way to outside world (except SER). The
only server phones "know" about is SER.
SER has 2 NIC's one in 10.0.0.0/24 network ip
10.0.0.17 and other in "real" word 201.0.X.X/24. There
are some phones (or may be SIP servers) in "real"
world.
I want to force rtpproxy for outside world and do not
for private networks.

I made some test and it fails.
If I contact from private network to outside world the
Via message contains private SER ip 10.0.0.17 and
phone which I need to contact does not know how to
contact SER. Also contact in SDP message contains
private ser IP 10.0.0.17 because I have forced
rtpproxy.

As I understand, it it necessary to modify SDP and SIP
messages (contact and Via) in a config script while
processing requestst after forcing rtpproxy.
Is it possible?
May be I missed something, but I have not founded such
functions.

Regards,
Greg.