[Serusers] ser 0.8.12 released

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Fri Nov 21 18:51:15 CET 2003

We have just released a new ser stable version: ser 0.8.12.
This version fixes a lots of bugs, has some performance improvements
 (it's a little faster :-)) a.s.o (for more information read the
 attached NEWS file).

The code is based on the cvs head from 14 Oct 2003. The following things
 which are on the current CVS head are not part of this release:
  - tcp aliases
  - automatic content-length updating (this means nathelper won't work
  as well as with the HEAD version, so for nat traversal stick to the
  unstable version)
  - latest permissions updates

All 0.8.11 users which are using tcp a lot should upgrade, since 0.8.12
contains many tcp fixes which were not backported to 0.8.11-r1.

Three new modules were added to the default build process and to the
binary distribution:

 - auth_diameter  (diameter based authentication with disc)
 - mangler (changes Contact and SDP ip addresses/ports, can be used
            in some nat traversal scenarios)
 - pdt    (translates numerical codes into domains, based on prefixes,
            and updates the URI)

This release was tested on: linux/x86, linux/arm, freebsd 4.5 & 5.1/x86,
 netbsd 1.6/sparc64, openbsd 3.2/x86, solaris 8/sparc64.

The new release can be downloaded from:
ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/ser/0.8.12 (source code, pre-compiled binaries
for various arhitectures, packages for various operating systems and
linux distributions; for more informations see
ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/ser/0.8.11/README).
You can also use cvs, just remember to add -r rel_0_8_12 to your cvs
checkout command.

Andrei